All Phyt’s cosmetics have been developed to ensure the very highest quality as well as the highest level of safety for our clients, while respecting biodiversity and communities thanks to:
Standards that exceed the Cosmébio charter
The Cosmébio label – guaranteeing quality
The COSMEBIO association is a result of serious reflection that began in 2000 among 10 manufacturers of natural cosmetics. In 2002, in partnership with COSMEOBIO, the certifying body ECOCERT presented the Ecological and Biological Cosmetics specifications before the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
PHYT'S™, a wide range of certified organic cosmetics comprised of ingredients of 100% natural origin
PHYT'S™ goes beyond COSMEBIO standards with 100% of its ingredients being of natural origin and the maximum amount of the formulas’ ingredients being organic where possible.
PHYT'S™, 100% of ingredients are of natural origin - this means paraben-free, phenoxyethanol-free, phthalate-free, PEG-free, etc.
All manufacturers must display the ingredients contained within their cosmetics on the packaging.
Names must appear in Latin for plants and in English for other ingredients, and the name or code for the colorants. This is the INCI list (International Nomenclature of Cosmetics Ingredients).
Main-stream, ‘classic’ cosmetics
- Petrochemical occlusive mineral oils: petrolatum, paraffinum liquidum
- Silicone, dimethicone, etc. These are occlusive and limited in terms of biodegradability
- PEG, PPG, aggressive emulsifiers
- Parabens, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, potentially toxic preservatives
- Fragrances and synthetic colorants that are often the cause of irritation and even allergies
Certified organic cosmetics based on ingredients that are 100% of natural origin
- Plant oils that have undergone a first cold pressing, rich in active ingredients such as essential fatty acids and vitamins
- Texturisers and moisturising agents of natural origin
- Gentle emulsifying agents of natural origin
- Pure, organic essential oils
- Contain no fragrance or synthetic colorant